Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password is incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKOS13

Technical User
Mar 23, 2009
ZA
I recently upgraded from v2021 to v2023 plus SP3. Because of the improvement in Security the system then requires me to update my password to a complex password that requires a Capital letter , special character and a number with a length of 8. I then proceed to enter the old password(current password) and then enter the new password(new complex password) and then confirm the new password but then l constantly get the error message "Password is incorrect". However , this not true as it is able to take the current password but constantly give me this error message. What is it that l am doing wrong ?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e0bd9ea1-5caa-467f-8284-26260b43a08f&file=password_error_issue.png
The solution for the above issue is to go to MS SQL Management Studio > Security > Logins> uncheck the "Enforce password policy

I agree to the fact that PU3 has problems. I decided to only upgrade to v2023PU1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back