Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password file [SYSPASS.Pgm Type]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorain

MIS
Sep 2, 2003
US
I have been asked to produce a report that lists users & their rights in Progression. This client is running on Progression 7.6.100a on Windows 2000 server. They are scheduled to upgrade this quarter to MSSQL. They have ACCESS 2000 and Crystal 7.0.

I have two questions for right now and appreciate any help given.

1. First does anyone have such a report in either Crystal or ACCESS? I noticed a thread on this awhile back. I do well in Crystal and I do some work in ACCESS. I do alright in VBE, just struggle to write a program on my own. I'm on that learning curve.

2. On level three of the SYSPASS file there are duplicate items in the record. The first item is a menu option and the other is a report name. I am thinking that the field [SYSPASS.Pgm Type] might be the key to this. The field contains the one of the following letters C,E,M,R,W,X does anyone know what they mean? I have looked on the Macola site and here, can't find anything specific on this field or file.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Lorain
lorainst@cs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back