Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password expire notifcation for POP - is it possible? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaqte

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2002
US
I know that OWA features the password notification when the account password is about to change. Is there any way to send an email out for an additional method of notification?

Even if it involves some server side scripting, or any hints... just any way to make this possible.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/suggestions!

X

Thanks for the quick response Zelandakh!

I should've specified that I wasn't looking for an "off the shelf" solution... got any other ideas?

Nope - that solution has been around since before I started to get ideas :)

This can easily be done with scripting.

If you do some searching on this site you should be able to find two scripts which combined will suite your needs.

Look for NotifyReboot.vbs and look for ForceADUsersPWExpire.vbs.

The former will give you sample code for the email and the latter will help you determine which accounts are in need of changing their password.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back