Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password Expiration Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2006
US
I am utilizing Active Directory. My PDC emulator is a WIndows Server 2003 Standard Service Pack 1. I am having a problem with intermittent instances of users not getting a notice when their password is about to expire. (I have it set to notify 5 days prior to expiration).

The most vexing part of this problem, is that when they logon to one of our Citrix servers they are getting the password expiration notification.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi indybyteman,

No idea but thought that you might try updating the group policy as the warning time is set that way.

ie open a cmd prompt and type:

gpupdate /force

this should refresh policy on the local machine.

Else, chk that you actually have password expiration notification defined in group policy.

- this is where i'd start anyways..

goodluck!

Are they actually logging off and on their machines each day on the local network?

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

The other possibility is that "users don't really pay attention to pop-ups". It could actually be happening, but the users hit the okay without reading. This can be compounded by any other popups you have during login (from a script, or other login policy).

You could try increasing the notify time to a week or two. All my users get two wesks notice that their pwd will expire. It pops up everyday till they change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back