Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password Change Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabble

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
CA
Just wondering if anyone has implemented the password change service on Call Pilot Release 5.

I can get it functionally to work, but when an email is generated, it doesn't tell me to whom the email will be sent (however the user does get the email) it justputs ***** as the user name.

the URL for this page below is
Password Change E-mail:

A password change request has been sent to the e-mail address: *****@domain.ca.
To complete the password change request please follow the instructions in the e-mail.

If you cannot access the e-mail address *****@domain.ca please contact the CallPilot administrator​
thanks.

yep, since you would be able to know the persons email if you know the web site and person's extension.... just protects the users email i guess, if someone is mucking about with NOT their own mailbox.

So it's supposed to just show ******@domain.ca?

nothing official that I could find myself,

my conclusion only, (but it does protect the email address, as any hacker could be looking to get the email address....)

and after installing it at 3 different sites, they all show that....but i have not tried all different CPmanager versions....

i'm sure you could modify the HTML / Java code to show it, but that would be beyond my skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back