Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password Change and Recovery, Without Control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooker22

Programmer
Jun 16, 2009
GB
Hi All.

I'm relatively new to ASP and C#. To help the learning process of how things work, I'm creating my own user controls for creating a user, logging in, password change and password recovery without the pre-defined controls available.

Now, I've successfully created users and been able to log them into my website using the membership class etc.

BUT.. I'm totally clueless when it comes to changing an existing users password or recovering it? ideally I'd want this to be sent by email aswell.

Does anyone have some sample code to get me started or just any advice to push me in right direction?

Thanks in advance guys.

First off, in order to point you in a direction, how are you storing the passwords? If you are using the membership module included with .NET you should google exactly some of the text you wrote here.

If not, let us know how you are storing the passwords and we can start pointing from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back