Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passthrough authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2003
MY
I've got a couple of published apps that I want to make available to users via their current published desktop.

What are the steps involved to enable passthrough authentication? The published apps run, but the user is prompted for credentials.

Thanx

John

As soon as I get back to work tomorrow I'll check this out for you...I spent a couple of days last week sorting this out our farm. I'd tell you now...except it's been a good weekend and I can't remember half of what I did! :O)

I used the PN agent on a Metaframe XPe FR2 server to launch other citrix applications. The PN agent will use the users current credentials to log into the new citrix session if it is configured to do so. I do a reg slam to the HKCU PNagent key to enable passthrough for everyone. Do you know of a different way of getting passthrough functionality without the PNagent? Ever since the upgrade to FR3 I can't log out of the parent session because wfica32.exe is still running. I'm looking for a citrix specific solution to kill the wfica32.exe process so that my users can log off.

I think I have the same issue. The published apps launch fine, requiring authentication. I just can't get the published apps to appear on the published desktop. Once I get past that hurdle....

If you have to you try creating a shortcut on the decktop and use &quot;path&quot;\pnagent.exe /launch <&quot;yourappname&quot;> /param: as the command line path. Ignore the quotes but you need the lt and gt brackets. This will launch you app if the PN Agent finds the app in an XP farm.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back