Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passport 8600 Trunking with Comapq server

Status
Not open for further replies.

elassad

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2001
SD
I have a multi-homed Compag Proliant 3000 server with two 1 GB Comag NICs. and I have Nortel Paspport 8600 Swith, I tried to make a teaming to the two NICs with NT4 SP 5 server. the teaming go well, but I have more than 40 workstation a lot of them this couldn't ping the sever, but part of them is OK, we have a DHCP server no subnetting problem exist. sometimes, a workstion working for A WHILE IF ANY OTHER WORKSTATION GET IN THE SERVER, ONE OF ALREADY CONNECTED ONE IS DISCONNECTED !!!? i DONT kNOW WHY.
???
Secondly I try to mak a trunking of two ports that connected to this server ( as layer 2 ) at the Nortel Switch, but the teaming is not working at all ..???
so I need help ????

do your two NICs have to have the same MAC address? in order to use MLT they must share the same MAC address.

I already have teaming with managed two NICs with only one MAC address. this the story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back