Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Variables to a Fomula Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

tickko

Programmer
Dec 12, 2002
US
i am new to cr 8.5, from access reporting...how would i go about passing variables to a blank field (formula field?).

i am trying to pass information from the detail section down to a footer section in the hierarchy.

ex:
Project
---sign
------sign copy (one to many with sign) (detail)
---sign (footer)

the reason i am not using a subreport with the copy in it, has to do with the fact that i would have to include over 200 subs into a report with 75 images (leading to a whole new problem with a large file size). each image represents a different sign std that is suppressed until needed.

so my goal is to set static variables, 01 - 06 and then pass those variables to some type of field (blank formula field)

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
t

Here's an example of setting a variable:

@initvar
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar MyNum;
If {table.field} = "Hi" then

Then later in the report you can reference it using another formula:

@Footervar
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar MyNum;
MyNum

Hope this helps, if not, rather than typing out what you're doing, you might get better results by providing example data and expected output.

-k

k - thank you for your help. i feel as if my code is rusty, eventhough i code in vb everyday because i am not familiar with crystal functions.

thanks,
t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back