Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing variables and targeting a frame 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgancaroline

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
GB
I'm trying to pass more than one variable in a hyperlink and target a particular frame called diary but I can't seem to get the code which recognises the target as well as the variables. I'm doing this in VBscript with reference to a database and using response.write.
This is an example of one of the lines of code I've tried but the target is not being recognised:
response.write &quot;<a href=&quot;diary.aps?a=&quot; & ab & &quot;&b=&quot; & rs(&quot;b&quot;) & &quot;target='diary'>help</a>&quot;
I've tried a number of different ways but nothing seems to work.
Please help
Caroline

It's because of the quotes. You must use double quotes when you want them inserted into the string:
Code:
response.write &quot;<a href=&quot;&quot;diary.asp?a=&quot; & ab & &quot;&b=&quot; & rs(&quot;b&quot;) & &quot;&quot;&quot; target=&quot;&quot;diary&quot;&quot;>help</a>&quot;
(Also mind the file extension - .asp not .aps :))

Palooka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back