Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing variable to a flash file

Status
Not open for further replies.

piz2k

Programmer
Feb 9, 2002
CA
Hi, i am trying to track clicks on flash banners. So what i have done is setup an action called "clickTAG" (as an expression) on the flash banner. And using PARAM NAME given it the click URL through HTML. This is the code i used

<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE=&quot;/test/banner_test.swf?clickTAG=[PID]&b=1&id=[IDNUMBER]&quot;>

My problem is that by using that code, the variable clickTAG becomes &quot; it does not read the rest of the URL because after TESTFLASH there is the character &quot;&&quot;, how can i make it so it reads the whole url WITH the &quot;&&quot; character and all the characters after that?

Help is greatly appreciated

hey there,
it's just a stab in the dark, because I've never done what you're doing, but you might want to try to replace the & with its hexadecimal sequence, which is %26
I hope that helps,
Jason

what j-dogg said should work if it doesn't maybe try surrounding the & with single quotes ie '&'

jason u the man, thanks a lot!
it workeD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back