Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Values w/ OpenArgs and getting an AfterUpdate Event To Execute

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenmbell

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2004
US
I have 2 forms with toggle buttons. They toggle back and forth between the two forms.

Form1 is a continuous form of items and Form2 is the form containing all of the detail for each individual item in my db

When I am on Form1 and click the toggle button to go to Form2, I pass the item# in the openargs paramter and default my cboItem on Form2 = item#

In Form2 i have an afterupdate event on the cboItem that basically populates all of the fields on the form based upon the item# in the cboItem

My question is this: I am successfully able to pass the value between the forms. When I open Form2, my cboItem has the correct value -- however, the AfterUpdate event doesnt trigger and my fields on Form2 are not populated.

I have toyed with SendKeys("~") but that didnt accomplish anything....

Any ideas?

Greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance

sb

Not all events are triggered when a control is populated programmatically, however, you can call the event or, better, put the code in a separate sub that is called as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back