Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

passing user parameters from form to report

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeannie322

Programmer
May 18, 2001
US
hey,

this is my first big project using forms & reports. I do have a general understanding and have created several general reports & forms. But this is a little more complicated. We have a user that wants to be able to pull specific info from a PO. (I got that) then be able to do a comparison with 2 other vendors (got that) The only problem I have incurred is getting the detail line item info to print out on the report. I have passed all the user parameters. But I cant get it to print the line items that I have typed in from the 2 other vendors or the line items that I have pulled in from the data base. Will I have to tell it to read each line item? I am confused. I have 1 record that may contain 2 line items and another that contains 10. I shouldnt have to set up parameters in the report for all 10, should I? & if so then what about in the form?

When I run my form & do a search for a PO it pulls up the line item info (that was easy) I just cant tell it to put those line items in my report? that is where I need help.

Also we are not saving this info to a table. Its just for them to input and compare & print & thats all. No saving info.

Can anyone please help or direct me in any way as to how I can tell it to read the line items & however may line items, print "x" # of line items on my report?

Thanks a million!
Jeannie

Hi !

I could not follow ur prob. correctly. Still why do u use form and then send the info. to reports. Did u try taking the user info thru report parameter and then in report executing the same query that u r executing in the forms. Then it'll extract the desired records in reports.

Printing 1 or 10 records is not a probs. It'll be easy if u could just be more specific about the requirement.

Good Luck.
Sandeep.

the reason we used a form is because we have to pull the PO info from the database 1st, then the user inputs their info about 2 other vendors on that form. Then it all prints out on a report.

Initially I tried using a parameter form in the reports, but I needed 2 parameter forms, one to pull the PO & then the one to input all the info. Does that make sense?
So my next approach was starting with a form to input the po & then allowing it all to print to a report, but they want to be able to see the po info before it hits the report (the info coming from the database). The other user input info will not reside in the database at all.

They want a report that will have 3 blocks,
Block 1 will have database info
Block 2 they will input
Block 3 they will input

So, should I be approaching this another way? Thanks for your help

You could try saving the information in Blocks 2 & 3 in a temporary table

You could then query the temporary table from Reports ...

Cheers
Greg B.

we got it figured out. It was a pain but it all worked out I would love to explain, but that would take me all day... lol

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back