Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing User Id from Infoview to Crystal reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sds786

Programmer
Aug 15, 2007
US
Hello Experts,
I have Crystal reports 2008, running with Oracle 10g, I publish my reports in Busness objects enterprise Infoview. I need to pass User ID from Infoview to Crystal reports, that can be used to check the access of that user to a certain database.
Your help will be highly appreciated.

Hi,
In previous version of CR, there was a special field you could use called CurrentCEUser ( or something like that).
I do not know if it was retained in CR 2008

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I really appreciate your response, would you please send me some details how to use this field, I can try in CR 2008, if you have any reference link, sample code or complete workflow, please send me.
Thanks.

Hi,
If available from he list of fields in the CR Record Selection Formula page, use it to
read the Oracle rights for that user.

There are not multiple databases in 1 instance of Oracle, so I am assuming you mean checking access to tables and views in some schemas.

[profile]

Hi,
To help further, can you post what table(s) are in your report and what info about the user you need from Oracle?

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back