Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Session variables between coldfusion & ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandyon

Programmer
Feb 21, 2001
US
I searched around on some forums for this, and everyone seems to suggest using a database as the middleman. But is there a way to pass a session variable established in coldfusion to ASP so it sees it too?

My website runs on Coldfusion, but we are revamping some things and our new third-party shopping cart is in ASP.

Yes, I'm shaking my head why too. But that's that. My job is to make it work. Is there any way, or do I have to store it in a database?

My simple tests between the two shows that a session variable established in ColdFusion isn't reading in ASP.

Thanks for any help.

The applications run in separate memory space, with independent underpinnings, using unique rules and logic. Their internal representations of session information are as different as night and day, and as far apart as Kansas City and Mumbai. This is the reason that the database approach is the only viable method of running a shared-variable solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back