Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Parms to an adTempus VB Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyCat

Programmer
Apr 5, 2004
US
So I have a job in adTempus that uses a script written using VB Script.

I need to be able to pass as parameter to the adTempus script. This is preferred over hardcoding the script with the variables.

Does anybody know how or even if it's possible to call a VBScript from adTempus and pass it a parameter?

Stay Cool Ya'll! [smile2]

-- Kristin

I'm not familiar with adTempus, but looking over their feature list ( it appears to be possible.
...adTempus has native support for running programs; running scripts; starting, stopping...
"Helper" scripts can be used throughout the jobs for things like setting command-line parameters and environment variables, checking for successful execution, cleaning up, or any other custom processing that needs to be done. If you need to execute a script as the main target of the job, adTempus allows scripts to return result codes to indicate their status.

Do you need to know how to handle parameters in the VBScript or is the question more about adTempus?

MOM has a funny implementation of params as well, you cant use Wscript. at all in MOM specific scripts.

anyway, i hope you find a way of passing params.

have you tried the usual way in a vbs

Wscript.Arguments.Item(0)
or the named argument way?

if you cant pass it params then have your script read the parameters out of:
+ the registry
+ environment variables
+ the contents of a file, txt, ini, inf, xml etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back