Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Parameters to Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLwannabe

Programmer
May 3, 2001
US
Hello,

I got some help with constructing a query on my database that requires 2 parameters and I then use this query as a part of a larger SQL statement in my VB Program. These parameters will change based on what the user does so it's very convenient to just have to change the parameters and not have to do an all new SQL statement.

But I'm new to VB Database programming and I'm wondering how to pass parameters from Visual BAsic to this Access query.

thanks,
Walter Cantrell

I just read the thread "PROBLEM ACCESSING ACCESS QUERIES AND REPORTS FROM VB6" and found the information very helpful. I'm wondering though how to adapt his advice in my application since I'm first going to be deciding on the parameters and then using the query that needs the parameters in my main SQL statement.

Thanks,
Walter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back