Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Parameters in Crystal Viewer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeekay

Programmer
Nov 15, 2009
GB
Hi All,

I have a report which has parameter :p_deptno. If I open the report in Crystal Reports Designer, I can change the parameter and see the data. But if I open the report in Crystal Viewer, I can see the data which is already on the report and can not change the parameters to refresh data.
Is it possible to change parameters in Crystal Viewer and refresh the data?

Thanks,
Zeekay

You are probably using the one viewer out there that does not allow you to refresh the data from the viewer. That would be the official viewer put out by SAP. Instead use one of the third party viewers listed on my LINKS page:

These all allow you to change parameters and rerun the report.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Hi Ken,

We have Crystal Reports 2008 and Business Objects XI. If I open the same report in InfoView, I can change parameters and refresh data on the report. But the problem is with Viewer. Is third party Viewer the only option in this scenario or some security settings etc. can enable me to do it in Crystal Viewer?

Thanks,
Zeekay

Theoretically you can refresh reports run through SAP's "Crystal Reports Viewer" if that report is also hosted on an SAP BO server product. Someone else here may know the details of how to configure that.

But the question is why you would want to go to the trouble. If you have a server configured that can run the report, then put the report on that server and let the users run it there. But if your goal is to have users run it on a client based viewer you have a dozen or so to pick from. Why choose the only one that makes it difficult? Most third party viewers are inexpensive and a few are free.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Thanks Ken. I am trying Logicity now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back