Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing parameter when a data point has been clicked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

satinsilhouette

Instructor
Feb 21, 2006
Hi,

I generally work with Business Objects product line and have never done any sdk work. I am working in Dashboard/Performance Management and Webi/Crystal reports at the moment. I am trying to pass a clicked data point from a metric to a webi report.

Right now I have successfully put in code that will open a webi report and allow the user to choose the parameters. Here is the code:

openAnalytic.jsp?DocumentName=Tabbed+Report+%282%29&RepositoryType=C&RepositoryName=Oct+16+Demo&DocumentExt=wid&nbPrompts=1&YearQtr&target=_new&mode=full

On the chart that is drawn there are data points. I want to now take this to the next level where I open a document and pass a clicked on data point back to the webi reoprt.

In this chart there is the budget data points and the actual data points.
When the user clicks on a data point either from the actual line or the budget line I would like to pass back that data point and the corresponding data point from the other line to the webi report for that reoprt to reflect the information in detail. For instance. Actual may be June 6, 2006, so I would like to pass the Budget back as well with the Actual. And then I need to do a >= or less <= with that.

Can someone assist me?

Thanks,
muffntuf

Thanks so much!
satinsilhouette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back