Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Parameter out from Crystal Report 8.5 Hyperlink to VB.net .exe application

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakakaka77

Technical User
Jul 14, 2010
US
Hi, Everyone:

I am working on a crystal report and want to create a hyperlink which will trigger a .exe application and passing the hyperlink value to the application.

The problem is I am not sure the exact syntax of passing parameters through hyperlink.

In my crystal report, I have a {Customer.CustomerID} field, right click-> Format Field -> Hyperlink tab -> File X2 icon -> I put something like: F:\report\sales\CustomerTracker.exe&" "&{Customer.CustomerID}

It gave me the error message "Can not find the specific file". Obviously, there is something wrong in the hyperlink formula. Anyone has a idea of the correct syntax of passing parameter out?

It works fine if I just call the .exe from hyperlink by only putting in the .exe file location F:\report\sales\CustomerTracker.exe , it will start the application without parameter.

Thanks!

In case you can't make this work in Crystal alone, One of the 3rd-party Crystal Reports viewers listed at allows you to use a double-click inside a report section to call another application and pass to it parameters based on a formula placed within that section. The formula doesn't need to be visible.

hth,
- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back