Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

passing parameter in url to report doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanja

MIS
Sep 10, 2001
BE
Hello ,

i've got a report with a hidden parameter that's used to return a dropdown list for selection in the report.
When i passthrough the parameter by the url it doesn't pickup the value . Do i need to activate a setting or ... in order to get this working ?
Beneath the url i'm using , i also tried with &id_user=66
but also no result.
The dropdown works if i set a default value for the id_user

I'm using sql server 2003 SP2 with and reporting services Version 9.00.3042.00
any help would be appreciated .

stanja

parameters don;t come after an RS call

Parameters should come after the name of the report - then the render options etc

url syntax is

Folder\ReportName&ParamName=ParamValue&rc:stuffhere&rs:stuffhere

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Geoff,

it's the same result ,in other words the parameter value isn't passed for some reason

stanja

sorry - has always worked for me

Is the parameter set as a string or a value?

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back