Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Parameter from Unix to Datastage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ba543

MIS
Jan 15, 2004
US
I am currently using Datastage 7.5.1.A, our database is DB2 UDB v 8.1.2 and our server is UNIX. Currently I have a script in Unix that is called in a datastage execute command stage with three parameters. The truncate works but what I would like to do is pass another parameter so that I might be able to return the status of a job that has errored, in datastage, from that particular script.I have not worked with unix and datastage together much so I was hoping that someone could help. below is the script for the truncate.

#!/bin/ksh
###knm 5/26/06 this truncates a table
USAGE="Usage : loadreset <DBNAME SCHEMANAME.TABLENAME> "
/opt/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/dsenv

if [ $# -eq 3 ] # if no arguments specified
then
DBXNM=$1
DBIDX=$2
DBPWX=$3
else
echo $USAGE
exit 0
fi

XSEC1=$SECONDS
#db2 connect to $DBXNM
db2 connect to $DBXNM user $DBIDX using $DBPWX
#db2 "load from export file"
#empty CCC PLD tables
db2 "load client from /dev/null of del replace into PLD.CCC_COL_EST_FACT without prompting"
db2 "load client from /dev/null of del replace into PLD.CCC_COL_EST_FLDR without prompting"
db2 "load client from /dev/null of del replace into PLD.CCC_REINSP_FACT without prompting"
db2 "load client from /dev/null of del replace into PLD.CCC_REINSP_FLDR without prompting"
db2 "load client from /dev/null of del replace into PLD.CCC_TOT_LOSS_FACT without prompting"
db2 "load client from /dev/null of del replace into PLD.CCC_TOT_LOSS_FLDR without prompting"
db2 terminate
XSEC2=$SECONDS

let XSEC3=$XSEC2-$XSEC1
echo "Total load time:"$XSEC3 " Seconds."
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back