Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing one value to multiple tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossC

Technical User
Apr 14, 2003
US
As I stated earlier, I have one query that combines 7 different tables that I have on a form.

On the form, I have a LoanNumber (I think I said FileNumber in the other thread) and then I have 7 tabs, each representing a table that was combined by the query.

What I want to do is to enter the loan number one time at the top and have that value passed to each tab so that I don't have to input the LoanNumber 7 more times.

anasazii, your iif statement may work if I already have that LoanNumber on a table but I am using this for initial data entry. Also, I'm not sure how that passes the value.

The fields I want to populate with that value are: tblLoanInfo.LoanNumber, tblBK1.LoanNumber, tblFC1.LoanNumber, tblMFR.LoanNumber, etc.

Thanks though for your initial help.

The way I would do it (and it maybe off the wall) is to set up main form with the loan number in it with the 7 tabs, then make a subform in each of the tabs. The link between the main form and the subforms would be the loan number.

Just another way of looking at it.

I have another form set up like that for viewing the data but this one is for data entry. When I use the subforms, if there is no corresponding LoanNumber the subform is not visible.

Is there a way around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back