Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Command Date Parameters to Subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwake

Programmer
Feb 12, 2004
US
I've got a commission report that has start and end date parameters in the command line. I created a subreport to track stocking fees for for each customer, since reps aren't paid commission on these fees. I added the subreport to the main report but I am unable to link the invoice date field in the subreport to the start and end date parameters in the main report. When I select the start date parameter in the subreport links box, I don't get any fields to link to it in the subreport. The subreport was not created with a command, so I tried creating the same report using the command line and added date parameters but still couldn't link them to the main report parameters. How do I pass date parameters from a command to a subreport?

I have done it several times without an issue. Not sure what is going on. The only thing that comes to mind is that the date parameters have to be the same data type (date-date or datetime-datetime).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back