Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PASSING CF_SQL_REFCURSOR TO ORACLE STORED PROCEDURE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyswilliams

Programmer
Nov 7, 2000
GB
I want to pass a (non-oracle) coldfusion query 'recordset' to an oracle stored procedure using a CF_SQL_REFCURSOR.

this is my code:

<cfquery datasource=&quot;NATIVE&quot; NAME=NATIVEQUERY>
SELECT *
FROM NATIVETABLE
</cfquery>

<CFSET NEWVAL=99>

<cfstoredproc procedure=&quot;UPDATENATIVES.UPDATENATIVE&quot; datasource=&quot;NATIVE&quot; DBTYPE=&quot;ORACLE80&quot;>
<cfprocparam type=&quot;In&quot; cfsqltype=&quot;CF_SQL_NUMERIC&quot; variable=&quot;NEWVAL&quot; value=&quot;#NEWVAL#&quot;>
<cfprocparam type=&quot;InOut&quot; cfsqltype=&quot;CF_SQL_REFCURSOR&quot; variable=&quot;UPDATE_RESULTS&quot; maxrows=&quot;-1&quot; VALUE=NATIVEQUERY>

<cfprocresult name=&quot;NATIVE_RESULTSSET&quot;>
</cfstoredproc>

<cfoutput QUERY=&quot;NATIVE_RESULTSSET&quot;>
RESULTS:#NUMBERFLD#
</cfoutput>

when i run the page, i get the following error.
can anyone shed any light on the error? (is it even possible to do what i'm trying?)

unknown exception condition

PCodeRuntimeContextImp::executeSQLTagCFStoredProc::endTag

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFSTOREDPROC), occupying document position (9:1) to (9:91) in the template file d:\users\native\RECORDSETTEST.CFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back