Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing arguments to cursors in mysql

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Aug 4, 2003
US
does mysql support cursors with arguments and if so what's the syantax.

I have been using oracle and sql server forever and never encountered this issue.

What is the host language you want to use?
If you have a look at the C library (a great example chapter from Paul Dubois is at it doesn't talk about cursors at all, it just uses the normal mysql client interface like mysql_fetch which have a 1:1 mapping into php (the spiritual client language).
As far as I'm aware there isn't an embedded SQL pre-processor for mysql which might allow you to use cursors.
The syntax does include decalre cursor (see but that might just be for stored procs so you might be able to use them, but I would say it's not a thing that mysql progams would usually support or require.
Hope this helps, if you need any further help on getting to your data come back and someone will be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back