Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing a string array to a datawindow

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosensilver

Programmer
Apr 14, 2004
CA
Hey all,

I have been trying to pass a string array to a datawindow for a couple of days now with no luck. In the data window report I have defined the retrieval argument as a string array. The datawindow has syntax as follows:
select ....
from...
where value in :)ls_array)

I have a program in powerbuilder that calls this datawindow and I have been trying to pass a list of values with no luck. I have tried passing a single string such as 'ABC', but I get an error that says "Retrieve Argument 1 does nto match expected type". i have tried creating a string array such as:
string ls_array[] = {'ABC', 'DEF'}
dw.Retrieve(ls_array)
But I get the same error message mentioned above. I am running PB 6.5 if that helps at all.

I found the issue. This was a composite report and you can't have a string array at the top level. I had changed the retrieval argument in akll the sub reports but did not think to check the main report. This is not something that was supported until after PB version 9.x if i read correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back