Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

passing a report a list

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprime

Programmer
May 29, 2007
CA
I would like to provide a cognos Reportnet Report with a comma seperated value list (string) to search, as a parameter.
Since there is no "list prompt" object, can someone explain how to accomplish this?

In the April-June 2006 issue of Cognos SupportLink (volume 16 number 2, starting on page 77) there is an article that describes how to accomplish this using an HTML item on a prompt page and some java script code. Esentially this technique would allow a report consumer to run a report, and a button on the prompt page could be clicked to download the text file and populate the values in the prompt.

I am not sure if the text file was comma delimited or there was a distinct value on each line of the text file. Let me know if you do not have access to the SupportLink document and I can attach it.

Thanks, I have since found an easier way to accomplish this. The application (java app) passes a string, which is a comma seperated list to a report parameter (ID_LIST).
A filter in the report is set like such:

?ID_LIST? CONTAINS TO_CHAR([ID])

And away we go. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back