Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passed the MCITP Upgrade Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdenny

Programmer
May 27, 2002
We'll I took the MCITP upgrade exam to upgrade my MCDBA (SQL 2000) to MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005). I passed with a healthy 850. Which mean's I've not got my MCITP Database Administrator cert for SQL 2005.

woo hoo....

For those who are interested the test is a two part exam.

Part 1 is 7 case studies with 5-7 questions each.
Part 2 is 30 questions old style.

It was fairly hard, with probably 70-80% of the questions focused on SQL 2005 specific features, tasks, etc.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

GRATS DENNY!!!!

What does MCITP mean and did you just have to take one test to upgrade from 2000 to 2005?

Thanks.

The MCITP is Microsoft Certified IT Professional.

In the new certification schema there are 3 levels.

Level one is the MCTS.
Level two is the MCITP.
Level three is the MCA (Microsoft Certified Architect).

For SQL 2005 DB Admin:
Level 1 is 1 test
Level 2 is 2 tests (or 1 different test to upgrade)

The MCA covers all platforms and is a major thing. You have to go to Redmend and do an interview, etc.

There is also a SQL 2005 DB Developer track which is a different cert than the DB Admin cert.

Level 1 is 1 test (Same as DB Admin)
Level 2 is 2 tests (No upgrade is available, and different tests than DB Admin.)

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

[noevil]

Well done chap. You're my hero.
I will have to bow even lower before reading your words of wisdom in future.

I hope to acheive MCTS by the end of the year but I still have to finish off my MCDBA 2000. I've been delayed by 'life' for the last month or two from getting my final exam.

Dazed and confused

Thanks. :)

Life can be such a pain when it comes to getting things like certs done.

Denny

[noevil]

Although, life sure is more fun some times.

Denny

[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back