Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passed CIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpdeskdan

Technical User
Jun 16, 2006
US
At long last, I have passed the CIT and am now officially a CCNP. Perhaps now I can finally get a CCNA level Job!

I'd like to thank all the regulars who have posted useful things on this forum; I won't name any names for fear of forgetting somebody. As for those who haven't passed yet, keep trying! I'll add a couple more URL's to my list, then upload my study guide (bunch of urls) for others to use.

Hey! Finally! What a relief.

Man, I bet you almost passed out with relief when you saw, "Congratulations. You have passed" on the screen.

Congratualtions. Take a well-deserved break for a couple of weeks.

Graham M. CCNP

WOOHOO...Think I'll even have a drink to celebrate for you. Did you blow it away this time?

Thanks techkiwi & lerdalt! I sure hope it was worth it.

I got an 868; definitely enough to pass.

well done Dan you got there in end m8

Visit for free Cisco rack access.

CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE R&S (Written), Net+, MCP, NCTS

Helpdeskdan, well done and well deserved.

Dan, going to give it another attempt myself on Friday...any chance of getting your updated links for some last minute reviews before then?

Dang - they are on another computer! I'll get them tomorrow. They included some good frame relay and isdn links. Although Cisco has some good ISDN/Frame relay troubleshooting stuff on their internet troubleshooting handbook, there are other sites hidden on Cisco that do a better job.

Thanks guys!

Well done Dan.

I remember that feeling when you see "Congratulations you have passed" Now you can finally pack away the Cisco books and re-enter the real world again.

Job hunting is much more fun with the CCNP mark on your resume as well!

MCP,CCA,CCNA,CCNP,Net+.

Thanks for the links. Didn't get to study them however. Missed again, but still improving. Oh well, plan was to take the test once at least before I couldn't register again. Time to call VUE and figure out best options next.

Helpdeskdan,

All you need to do now is shape up your CV to be sharp and keep sending it out to agencies. Another thing try and go for direct applications through companies filling out their custom application forms and include a letter statement. I know job hunting is never fun but you have to have a positive mental attitude.

It is not always the most experienced that lands the job. In most cases the interviewer looks for a keen attitude, personality and team spirit coupled with good communication skillset.

I am sure a guy of your ability and determination already knows this. Cheerio and keep hussling your due would come.

Best regards and please, do keep us posted in your job search adventure.

Onoski
The IT Hussler talking from experience [afro]

Congrats, Dan.
I'm taking the first of 4 Tuesday (BSCI---got 737 first time earlier this week). I just got my CCNA in January, and can't find a job having anything to do with Cisco, really.
Which test did you find to be the hardest? Also, from start to finish, how long did it take you to become a CCNP, like when did you take the first test?

Thanks also, Dan, for pointing this forum out.

Tim

Wow, Dan---no wonder you were questioning my knowledge of the CIT stuff! I just read your posts dating from Oct something, and your attempts at the CIT!!! 803/804!!! MAN!!!
Why must one be registered to take the CIT by 11/15? I know the present CIT and BCRAN are going to be expired Dec. 31, and the BSCI and the switching one are going to change as well, but the tests are going to expire the end of the year. Are there any other tests one must register for by Nov. 15? Will I be okay if I pass the BSCI by Tuesday, and registering for the switching one before Wed. ? I was planning to take the BSCI and switching one by the end of the year, and then taking the 2 new ones and becoming a CCNP by March or so.

Thanks.

Tim

Everything I've seen on Cisco's website indicates that you must book one of the "old" exams by 15th November and you then have until 31st December to sit it.

If you book an exam on the 16th of November you will have to sit the new version. So this would be the new version of BSCI or BCMSN, or the replacements for CIT (ONT) or BCRAN (ISCW).

Graham M. CCNP

I've looked for that documentation you speak of on Cisco's site and was unable to find it; please post a link if you get a chance.

I just contacted Pearson VUE this morning and they told me the last day to register and take the old exams is Dec 31, 2006.

I'm not sure what the person who contacted techkiwi was thinking. There is no evidence on Cisco's site of a Nov. 15th deadline and they never confirmed it with me. I'm rather angry about it; I wasted quite a bit of time trying to get a straight answer from them and attempting to get a voucher just in case I required it. If I had spent that time studying, maybe that 803/804 test could have been a 804/804 saving me $125!

As for what test I found the hardest, that would be the CIT. To pass the CIT, legally, one literally has to come up with their own study guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back