Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passed ccna 925!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdl508

Technical User
Apr 30, 2001
US
Well I finally passed the ccna and now onto the ccnp. Any way I was curious I have the sybex routing exam book, it looks like the only difference between that one and the new test book is the IS IS protocol. Can anyone verify this. Should I just spring for the new book. Also any recommendations on taking on the ccnp training by self study (books materials)
Thanks
jdl

HI, what did you use to study for the test. Please list everything. MCSA, Network+, A+

IS-IS is one of the big differences.. not so much IGRP any more.. but I would read it just to cover my bases.

MikeS
Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

Lets see to study for the exam I used the cisco press 640-507 ccna book. I also have a small lab at home (2 x 2501, 2610, 1601) and have been configuring cisco routers and PIX fw's for 2-3 years. That helped alot. I really just needed to bone up on what I really didnt use at work (subnetting was a big one) isdn too. I also used the transcender exams which I thought were pretty good. Good luck
jdl

the 640-901 (BSCI) covers EIGRP, OSPF (single/multi area), BGP (simple/advanced), ISIS (like OSPF), VLSM, subnetting, IOS, 3 layer model, some design, and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back