Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passed A-plus Core today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

confucius

Technical User
Jul 19, 2003
US
Today i took the A-Plus Linear core exam and passed . Some of the questions i had never seen or read in print. one in particular was about laser printers and envelopes... If you use envelopes in a laser printer do you
A. feed them one at a time if needed
B. feed them in with the flap open
C. use them like regular stock
D. don't use them in a laser printer

I choose c was i right or wrong? Glister thank-you for recommendation and link to Tcat Houser's Books!

Confucius

IT is a BS question! IMO.
Some small laser printer maker, HP -- the folks who invented the process sold envelope trays for some models. And they pushed universal trays (holding 10-25 envelopes) on other models. And that is not an option so the answer is A

CONGRATS!

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

how hard was the test? how many questions and how much time do you get.
i was aceing the practice adaptives then they switched back to the old style. i am pissed the old style asks so many BS questions. did you get al ot of those questions that said select all that apply?

Congratulations!

I'd have answered D. Some laser printers get so hot they melt the glue/sticky seal on the envelopes. If the glue melts, then the envelope comes out sealed.

If the point of the question is to reinforce the idea that laser printers get hot, then I'd have answered D.

A+ (Jul '99 - loved those Win 3.1 questions), MCSE (NT4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back