Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PASSED A+, NET+!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

just1fix

Technical User
Oct 13, 2004
US
Well I finally took these tests and got through the nervousness and passed A+Core, OS, and Net+ with a 636, 633, 638 respectively. Not bad for not working in IT at all, not yet anyway. I have gone to numerous sights (MCMCSE, PAssitnow, Actualtests, techexams, examcram) and took the practice tests from there sights and not 1 question was or even resembled the questions on the Net+ exam. At first I thought I was taking the wrong one. Numerous ?s on Mac OS, Appletalk, Linux and Unix server sharing, Ipsec, Kerberous, and IPSEC security. The A+ Core and OS was pretty much as expected. I should've scored higher, but I mostly studied for the Net+. But a pass is a pass. Thanks for the tips!!!

Congratulations! CompTIA recently changed the Net+ exam, so most of the study guide folks probably haven't caught up yet. But you passed and that's all that matters.

I recently picked up the A+ and Net+ certs and I know they had a lot to do with me landing a new tech support job that I start in just over a week. Best of luck to you with the job search.

JP

Good show!

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETsr,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

well done indeed

"Never underestimate the power of determination"

Stuart
A+, Net+

just1fix,

I might be a little late to the party, but congratulations just the same!

The topics that you mention being covered on the Net+ exam sound familiar from when I took it in December. What book(s) did you use to prepare that didn't include these topics?

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back