Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passed 70-620 Vista Mcts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetworkTek

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2007
US
I am starting my MCITP Enterprise Admin 2008, I took the 70-620 test today. I must say this is the first MCTS test i have taken. It seemed like there were alot of simulation questions compared to any other Microsoft test i have ever taken.

Network+ Inet+ MCP MCSA 2k3

Weird. I don't recall there being any simulations on the 70-620 when I took it two years ago. I guess they have updated the content since then. At the time I thought that it was by far the easiest exam out there.

Is there a reason that you didn't opt for the Windows 7 exam instead (70-680)? Being only a few months old it's going to have a much longer shelf life than 70-620 (which is going on 3 years old)? With everyone trying to get away from Vista as fast as possible (Microsoft included) I would say that there's very little value in the 70-620 anymore unless you absolutely have to have it for work or something.

MCTS:System Center Virtual Machine Manager
MCTS:Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
MCSE:Security 2003
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator

It was full of simulations. There were 50 questions and probably 10-15 were simulations. The only reason i went ahead and took it was because I already had all of the study materials for it. Were there any simulations on the Windows 7 test?? Just out of curiousity

Network+ Inet+ MCP MCSA 2k3

When I took the Win7 exam it was in beta, and there were no sims, just straight Q&A. I get the impression that is par for the course for betas, but as time goes by they include more simulations or advanced types of questions.

MCTS:System Center Virtual Machine Manager
MCTS:Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
MCSE:Security 2003

I'm preparing to take te 70-620 as I just passed last Friday the 70-623. For the same reason as you, I had the materials for this cert so I figured to get them done.

The 70-623 was 50 ? with no sims whatsoever. There were like 4 questions with exhibits as well but no sims.

Is there anything you remember from the 620 exam that is a must know? I'm eager to get this done and figured if i coul;d pass the 623 I should be able to pass the 620 as well. Any advice to could give would be greatly appreiciated.

Thanks!

Is it bad that i have already erased this from my memory? One of things that you need to know very well is User Account Control. All of the built-in windows applications. Like Windows Mail, Meeting Space etc. Also if i recall there were some tablet options questions. Good luck on your exam. Post back and let us know how you did.

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

I thought that the 620 was odd because it seemed more consumer-focused than enterprise/business focused.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

It was very odd. There wasn't much on managing Vista in an Enterprise environment. I agree it seemed to be more focused on the everyday user. In my opinion it was the most useless test I have taken yet. I just took it because I already had the book and practice test. So I am using it as my OS exam toward my MCITP Enterprise Admin

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

I found the 70-623 to be much of the same in that regard. The biggest enterprise questions I recall bcdedit command being the most advanced feature I was unaware of until studying the test.

I also found the CBT Nuggets video trainging to be spot on with exam objectives and helped me get a grip on what I didnt already know. I sorta skipped through and focused on the things that I was clueless about.

I'll keep you posted with my results.

I would love more simulations this time around, I had 0 in the last test and find it way easier to do the task than to decipher MS's question trickery.

I just passed the 70-620 with ease. Lots of simulations which I like alot. 50 questions. MCITP Consumer Support and MSTS after getting this. Next up -70640, 642, 643, 647

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back