Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass XML ID with Javascript to a link

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomdesign

Programmer
Apr 6, 2001
US
I need to pass a ID to a link. I was wondering if there was a way to do this.
here is my xml:
<?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; ?>
- <PRODLIST>
<PROD MARKET_PRODUCT_ID=&quot;2454&quot; PRODUCT_TYPE_ID=&quot;1333&quot; ENGLISH_SHORT_DESC=&quot;US Gas FIN Swap DEC99 GD Tetco STX USD/MMBtu&quot; PRODUCT_STATUS_DESC=&quot;Active&quot; />
<PROD MARKET_PRODUCT_ID=&quot;2454&quot; PRODUCT_TYPE_ID=&quot;1333&quot; ENGLISH_SHORT_DESC=&quot;US Gas FIN Swap DEC99 GD Tetco STX USD/MMBtu&quot; PRODUCT_STATUS_DESC=&quot;Active&quot; />
</PRODLIST>

The PRODUCT_TYPE_ID will change depending on which PRODUCT you pick and it will append it within the XML, but I need to have something that will pass the PRODUCT_TYPE_ID so new data will be passed, in a html link, and not the same ID will be passed.
Can anyone help?

Write the link dynamically -i.e. reset the href to have a different query portion. I have limited XML exposure, but are you meaning this will be embedded in your style sheet?

I have yet to use dynamic XML - sounds promising once NS pick it up.
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back