Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass variable from script to vb program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold25

Programmer
Feb 11, 2002
US
Hi. My vb6 program calls a script which does some stuff, then waits for the WshShell.AppActivate "" method to become true. When it does equal true, I want to set a variable in the script to 1 (or some value) and pass it back to the vb6 program that initially launched the script, so it knows that the portion of the script prior to WshShell.AppActivate "" method turning true, has executed. How can I pass the value of the variable in the script, to the vb6 program? Thanks in advance.
cold25

What does the VBS that the VB6 can't do itself ?
In other word why using VBScript when you can play with VB ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

I've wondered that too, but I don't know any way around it currently. I value the vbs because of the SendKeys command. The vbs opens a scanning program for me and I then send a series of SendKeys to have it automate what I need done.

Does VB6 have a way to send keystrokes in a similar fashion? If it did, I suppose I could eliminate the script, and things would probably be less complicated.
cold25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back