Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass Query Filter values to a function

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa0309

Programmer
Apr 5, 2010
US
I've created an Object, DaysDiff, within BO Universe Designer. The object consists of calling function, f_DaysDiff.

DaysDiff:
f_DaysDiff(b_date,e_date)

From within BO Infoview, I want to be able to pass my "Query filter" daterange to DaysDiff.

Query filter:
i_date between '01-Jan-2012' and '31-Jan-2013'

I want to pass '01-Jan-2012' as b_date and '31-Jan-2013' as e_date to function f_DaysDiff. Ex: f_DaysDiff('01-Jan-2012','31-Jan-2013')

Is this possible?

Any comments and or suggestions would be appreciated.

The only way I can think of to do this would be to create a dimension that calls the function with hard-coded prompts (using the "@Prompt()" syntax.) There's no other way that I know of to pass the values of parameters to a database function. If you make the prompt text exactly the same in the new dimension and when you're setting up the prompts in your query filter, then users will only see each prompt once.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back