Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass custom properties between linked shapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2003
US
Hello,

I have a detailed physical map of my computer network. In it i have desks computers and phones that draw information from an access database. I want set a custom property in an space shape and every other object i glue to that space shape i want to run a formula that grabs that info so i only have to enter the space name or id once.

Example:
I have a Desk, computer and phone that i want to link to a rectangle shape that i am using to show a workpace. In that workpace i have three custom property feilds SpaceID, Space Type and Name.

I want to my computer shape to inherit the SpaceID field from my space shape. Along with my phone and desk.

This will save me much work and keep everyting consistant. I have been able to share information between two shapes by using a formula

='shapename'!custompropertufielname

If anyone can help me with the code or formula i would sincerely appriciate it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back