Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass blob object using SetParameterValue

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejimmyfo

Programmer
Apr 9, 2015
US
Hi, I am trying to get an image to display and it would need to be passed in by a parameter - the reason is the image is generated elsewhere and stored in a database as a compressed byte array. To pass it to Crystal, it's pulled from the database into code, decompressed into an image, and then needs to be passed. I've tried the following:

Code:
detailReport.SetParameterValue("@Signature", signatureBytes);

Where signatureBytes is the byte[] containing the image data.

In Crystal, I have a matching parameter but can not select a blob object to display it as an object.

Is it possible to pass the image programatically like that?

Thanks,
James

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this directly. On possible workaround would be to save the uncompressed image to a file, pass the image location into the report as a parameter, and set the image on the report to look at that parameter to get the image location.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back