Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass Array from Crystal back to VB .NEt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bchemist

Programmer
Apr 3, 2002
US
I am wondering if it is possible to pass an array from Crystal Decisions .Net back to VB .Net (2003 if it matters)

Basically I have been working on making a TOC work and I have had luck working with arrays, unfortuneatly as many people have noted here the TOC must go at the end of the report, but that is a VERY uncommon place to put a TOC, and since I don't have access to Crystal 9 or 10 only to Crystal .Net (which is VERY limited from what I can see) My logic was sort of like this, generate the report with the TOC using arrays, but put a TOC subreport at the front and at the back. On pass one allow the report to fill the arrays (but still print the TOC up front just without the page numbers, since I have already figured out that this could potentially add pages on a long TOC) then pass the array out of crystal back to VB .NET and from VB .NET pass the array back in as a parameter so that the second pass of the report generation should be able to add page numbers to the up front TOC.

Sorry if this is so confusing, long and short can I pass an array from Crystal to VB .Net and back into crystal at a later point?

Don't know if you can pass arrays to .net, however you should know that arrays are limited to 1000 elements, so to manage more than that you have to allow for multiple arrays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back