Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass a parameter from an asp textbox to another page

Status
Not open for further replies.

vedicman

Programmer
Sep 5, 2003
US
I have a hyperlink control on my aspx with the following navigateURL: '
Is there a way to pass in / append a parameter from a textbox on the aspx page and have that parameter be available in ColorDemo-dev.txt?

Thank You......Franco

well, you pass the parameter with either a session or add something like this at the end of your url link..

?YourParameter=

but as far as having that parameter available in a txt file...hmmm I'm not sure about that. my answer would be no.

I need to assign it to a Java Script variable in the txt file.

Would the parameter be available if the extension was hta or html instead of txt?

I'm not sure...what are you trying to do find text that's equal to the parameter your passing? explain more

In the aspx I am handling some calculations that produce a string of 7 letters (A thru G) in various sequences (a 'sequence code' if you will).

The txt page that is being opened uses this 'sequence code' to change the background colors of the page in the order described by the 'sequence code'. See my earlier post for more information.

I tried combining the 2 pages, but I ran into a glitch that I haven't been able to resolve, so now I'm reverting back to the 2 page approach.

Franco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back