Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partnre Mail R.1 and Company Directory 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeronet

Vendor
Jul 23, 2006
US
Partner Mail R1. When I set up a mail box is there a way to leave that mail box out of the company directory. The setup keeps asking me to enter a mailbox name. I need to leave this MB out of the company direcoty ( *2 ).

When prompted for the letters of the name, press 0, then 9.

Also, if you don't want to record the names yourself, but leave that to the mailbox owner, just press *# when prompted to record the name. You will hear "nothing to approve", but that's only in regard to the recorded name, everything else is saved.

Norstar for example guides the first time MB user thru setting up their MB does Partner?

You should create a mailbox for yourself, and become familiar with the procedures.

Not for the company dir. Norstar's company direcory goes by what name the Administrator enters when building the mailbox. partner works the same. Both are the same as when the user logs into the mailbox the first time, they are asked to record their name for the company directory.

pressing 0,9 does not work to avoid recording a name the it says that is invalid.

I belive he said *# to avoid recording the name, The 0,9 was for Letter of the name setup.

Follow the prompts - when she says to "enter the first 4 letters of the name", press 0. She will ask you to confirm the "no name" by pressing 9. Then she will ask you to record the name. Press *# and you are told "nothing to approve" in regards to the recorded name.

This is all covered in the manual.

If nothing else, put in a nonsense name like zzzz or qzqz that's not likely to be found when accessing the dial by name directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back