Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Voicemail R1 and ACS R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

pshull

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2004
US
Hi,

I have a partner ACS R6 and Partner Messaging R1. I determined in another thread that my modem is probably dead. As when I dial 777, **3 the voicemail says "the modem is in use." I originally just wanted to change the IP address but now I am wondering, does the modem being defective affect the system calling out when I get a new message or calling me when I access the web interface to record a new message or listen to messages? Does it affect anything else? Where is the modem kept? Is it on the license card and is it easy to replace or would I have to send my whole unit in to be replaced?

Thanks!!

The modem is in the license card. There are "BOOTLEG" license cards going around that don't have modems in them. Try backing up your voicemail to the card and post the results. If it's a "BOOTLEG" chances are it won't backup.

There is no option to backup to the card when I use the software. I could backup to my hard drive. Below is the result. I dunno if that helps or not.

Backup Information File
----------------------------------------------------------
System Name: PARTNER Messaging
Software Version: 1.0.17

Backup Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 14:02:24
Backup Location: C:\Program Files\PARTNER Messaging Release 1.0\System Administration\Backups\PARTNER Messaging\23-February-2005
Backup Type: Does not include voice messages.
Backup Size: 4370886
Number of Backup Files: 457

See if the backup works.

I got a "backup succesful" message when I did that. Any thoughts?

Try doing a system reset(saving translations).
Login, 0#,password#, 9,998973738. If that doesn't work try powering down the system and restarting it. If that doesn,t work try another license card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back