Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Voice Messaging PC Card Large 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredtelco

Technical User
Jul 27, 2008
US
I have a Partner Voice Messaging PC Card Large set for ten mailboxes. Extension 19 which is mailbox ten greets callers but plays a message saying 'Sorry you can not leave a message at this time because mailbox is full'. Yet when I log into mailbox ten, their are no messages new or old. The books says their should be 11.25 minutes of storage per mailbox. Any ideas why this is playing this message?

There can be some confusion with these VMPC cards. The mailbox numbers, by default, do not match the Extension numbers in the system (VMPC is the only Partner voicemail that makes this distinction). Mailboxes start from 01 up to 16 (the max. for the VMPC large). By default, mailbox 01 is assigned to ext. 10, mailbox 02 to ext. 11, and so on. If you log in as the administrator, you can change these assignments around (to different extensions), but the Mailbox numbers will always start with 01 and go up to 16.

So, when you log into an Extension's mailbox from Intercom 777, or from a programmed button, you will still enter the Extension number...NOT the mailbox number.

Dan

Live every day as if wild dogs were chasing you!!
Wild dogs....everyday....LIVE!!!

Dan, thank you. I understand that. I checked and mailbox 10 is assigned to extension 19. The problem still exists that the caller is getting the message mailbox full. The mail box is not full, what could be causing that message?This problem just started.

Thank you TTT and Telecomby. That worked, let's hope is stays bug free.

Not to highjack a dead thread but a Partner ACS with a PVM (large or small)....is everything voicemail related on the PVM card or is there some vmail s/w in the ACS processor? Someone at work thought there was some vmail s/w on the processor but i'm not buying it. Thanks

Only programming relating to pointing lines to the auto attendant or to mailboxes, how many rings, and when, and extensions that should cover to vm when not answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back