Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Voice Mail R3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfriend

Technical User
Jun 8, 2002
US
Thanks for the help on the previous post. Now that the phone system is working the way it should I am working on the Voice Mail. This is a Partner Voice Mail R3.0 with 4 ports. When powered up the lights on the cards flash but none stay on. The hard drive is a Quantum Fireball that starts and runs. It appears to be functional and has Dos 6.22 loaded on it and a functional boot sector (it will boot and load and provides a command prompt. There appears to be both a dos and cpm partition with some version of cpm on it and some number of files (presumedly the actual operating software for the unit). There is no modem with this unit but I have a variety of old ones that I'm sure would work. The drive name is Partner_mai and there are four visible dos files (Command.com, Drvspace.bin, io.sys, msdos.sys).

1. Are there any diagnostics I can run to identify the problem area.
2. Shouldn't there be some additional file(s) to kick off the CPM interpreter?
3. Any suggestions. (I know I should send it to a licensed AVAYA repair facility but I am frugal and it was cheap)

Thanks in advance for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back