Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Unified Messaging Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdifs

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
US
Hi.
I am now trying to get my unified messaging hooked up.

ACS R5
Messaging R7
What address do I set the unified messaging to on the messaging module? The ip address of our exchange server?
Also, have they fixed the ability to use Exchange 2003?

Thanks for all your help on my previous problems.

Rob

Hi Rob,
Yes, the iP address of the exchange server. I don't know if the 2003 thing is compatible yet. Don't forget to create the account for the voice messaging on the exchange server.

-Chris

You have to install the Unified Messaging software on the Exchange Server and make sure you create a new username and password using the instructions on the Avaya site. Restart the server, make sure all things are up and running then proceed with the next step, which is the setup on the messaging system. (IP address is going to be that of the Exchange Server).
Oh and by the way, the messaging unit must have a static ip address so make sure you set up your router to do that, and it should work. I use exchange 2003 now, and everyone in the office loves it - we also use depending on what the user preferes.

Thanks for the tips. I'll go restart the server.

Now, when I did run through the unified messaging setup, it asked for the domain citing the username@domain.com where domain.com is the domain. That is not the case for our server. Do I use the real domain (of the exchange server) or their example?

I was just going to note that we're running UMA on Exchange 2003 with no problems, but that's already been noted in this thread.

The only peculiarity I've seen (probably has nothing to do with Exchange, but rather, UMA) is that a voice message forwarded from one voicemailbox to another doesn't seem to get detected by UMA and sent to the destination-user's email inbox like messages from the outside world. Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back