Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner to Magix

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomAvatar

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have a customer that wants to keep there partner phones and move into a Magix system. I told them about the pitfalls but they still want to do it. Do I need to have a TDL or MLX card to use as an operator position or will the 016 ETR card work with the 34D? (As the operator phone.)

I would put in a TDL or MLX module as you can then do programming through that phone. You cannot program through a Partner Phone (system-wide).

Operator positions can only be 4424D+ or 4424LD+ on a TDL card, OR, MLX phones on an MLX card.

Programming phones can only be 4424LD+ or MLX-20D.

You can run with only ETR cards, the "operator" function of the 1st logical ID will simply be the extension that is reached when dialing 0 internally. You won't be able to program from it, or use Operator functions like Night Service.

I would recommend that you at least use a 412TDL card along with a 4424LD+ as the Operator position.

Once they see how differently the Partner phones operate, they will probably say to swap them out with either MLX or 4400 series phones.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Can The Night service Function Be Used If you Use Time Control

sammy: Yes. A night service button is required any time night service is used, and you can toggle night service on and off even if you use Time Control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back