Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Mode R7.0 & 9508 Phones Speaker Problems

tap364

Vendor
Mar 29, 2012
US
New customer with the above system loaded with 1416's that needed two new phones. Have no experience with R7 Partner mode so after researching the minimum release required for their use, I sold them the 9508's instead of the 1416's anticipating eventually upgrading those as well.

Once the phones downloaded they booted up and appeared to work fine. However, the speakers are noisy and eventually stopped working completely.
Handsets work fine.
Tried two different phones with the same result. This was the case regardless of which digital port plugged into.
Tested these phones on a R9 Basic mode system with no speaker problems.
Anyone aware of compatibility issues with 9508's and this early release?
May be more trouble than it's worth and might just break the news to them and get the 1416's, but thought I would check here first.
TIA.

Turn off Echo Canceller on each phone, then try the speakerphone again:

• Press “Home” (the button below the big round OK button, it’s got a small A on it and is the middle of the row of three buttons)

• Press the up-arrow key and select “Advanced Options”

• Press the up-arrow key and select “Audio”

• Press the up-arrow key and select “Echo Canceller". Default setting is ON

• Press “Change” to turn setting to OFF

• Press “Save” – you should hear two beeps

• Press the “Back” button twice and you’ll be back at your normal display

The speakerphone issue doesn't affect 1416s, only the 9508s, so hopefully this will solve your problem, though most of the issues I see are on Essential Edition instead of Basic Mode.

ETA: The 9508s are compatible with R7.0 and up, but I've had more success upgrading the software to the final release of R7, R7.0(36). If you do that, you'll need the latest BIN files for the 1416 and 9508 (1400R16 and 9500R39).

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back