Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner MLS Telephones Dying 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfieldny

Technical User
Jul 19, 2000
US
I have a Partner 103E R 2.0 with MLS 12 phones.&nbsp;&nbsp;Most of the phones have been dying, meaning, either speakerphone doesn't work, no dial tone, dial tone but no DTMF tones, etc...<br><br>I found that if I unplug the phone(s), and let them sit for a day or so, then plug them back in, they work!&nbsp;&nbsp;But then die again a couple of weeks thereafter.<br><br>Powering down, and then powering up the system does not help.<br><br>Ideas?<br><br><A HREF="mailto:greenfieldny@usa.net">greenfieldny@usa.net</A>

The phone needs to be repaired, I had a customer who refused to believe the phone was broken, he kept blaming the connection, needless to say I replaced the phone and the problem went away. The problem your having happens when the phone warms up or gets too hot. Just replace it or get it repaired.

Hope this helps
TM

I have a Lucent Partner MLS-12 and di not come with instruction manuals. I have been trying to get one but I have been getting ridiculous price quotes. Does anyone have a copy that they can send me?

Go to and follow the support link, they give out free info, not sure if they'll have actual manual for phone set but they do have feature info on the Partner, etc.

any dead MLS or MLX phones is BAD Flex Circuit aka, &quot;membrane&quot;

Put in a new membrane and your phone is fine.

OK:thanks stratagydk (Vendor)

Here comes a brief moment to plug your wares....

Can you tell us (approximately) the cost of new membranes?

and a link to your site? (presuming you carry them?)
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back