Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner MLS phone tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoTTeL

Programmer
Apr 29, 2002
US
It has been a while since working on Partner systems.
What is a quick and dirty test to ensure a MLS set is fully functional?
Also how about a test to perform on the 206 modules?

Thanks again!

Simply power the system up. Green light should come on.
If you have a display set plug in in to x10, test for dial tone on CO line's 1 and 2. Listen to see if it is clear.
Make sure all the buttons work. Test each port for CO and intercom dial tone. Set the time and date, leave the system powered up 8-10 hours. Power down, wait about 30 minutes then power it back up. Did it save time and date? Test that all ports on 206 are still working.

To perform a light and ringer test on any model Partner phone, hold down the # button with the handset in the cradle for at least 5 seconds, then go off hook while still holding down the # button. All lights will illuminate with a steady ring. Hang up to end this test.

Brian Cox

one thing I find with the mls phones is it can take several hours of being powered up before a problem will show up

a customer can report that a phone has a spacfic problem so they unplug it and put it aside you show up on site and plug it in and it works fine the next day the problem reappears

I have found that when I buy "refurbished" phones I try to always plug them in here at the shop at least 24 hours before taking them to the customers site

you really need to have a mls phone plugged in for 12-24 hours before you can say its trouble free

Another Notorious problem with most MLS sets is the handset cord plug on the phone itself, this is one of those" Now that the tech is here it works" things! Just open the phone up, and place a small piece of paper folded about 3 times and stuff it behind the jack so it is no longer loose! Good Luck!
Matt Colbenson
Global Communication Services
Matt@teamgcs.com

Hi Matt,
Actually, the contacts go bad on the handset cord jack. Replacement of the jack is the best there. I second replacing those darn flex PCB's on all refurbs. Conductive ink pens are temporary only.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back